Hahaha, progress. Quite interesting what we consider as progress. So the plan is still that by 35, I will have a body I have always wanted, but I guess my legs will never be longer, I will speak German quite well and also find my passion. In a nutshell. I started the work and so far so good, however, I do not feel the any progress is made yet. Especially, that when I scanned through instagram, I saw that Cristiano Ronaldo has less hair on his legs than me after waxing. So what am I doing wrong? But focusing on the above 3 points, here is the weekly sum up:
- Body – I went to the gym 2 times a week to train with a personal trainer. No, it was not my idea, I got it as a present from my ex-colleagues: 5 times training with my favourite trainer. So we already met twice, I shocked him with my age (haha) and we plan to meet 3 times a week for 3 months to see what comes out of my body in that time. The good thing is that I really enjoy working with him, he is hot and funny and waits for me at 6.30 am in the gym. And I also went to yoga last week and plan to do it once a week as well. But since after class my clothes are soaked and I cannot really wear my glasses, it will be though, but I try to keep that up as well.
- German – this week the weather wanted to stop me from learning. There was a storm exactly when I wanted to go to class. I mean it was raining so heavily that the whole city got almost under water and the water even got into my garage, that I should clean, but that’s another story. But nothing’s gonna stop me – we had the class on Skype and I am still proud of myself, I can speak a lot better than 3 months ago. So definite progress made there!
- Finding my passion – loading
- Man – well, at least it became obvious that men in my country just watched the 50 Shades of Grey because I got at least 4 messages about SDMB (I might have misspelled it) and if I am that type of woman, but unfortunately unmatch came quite soon. But on social media sites I got messages that made me happy, about these in a separate post because men do deserve at least a full one.
- On Friday night I broke my toilet, could not fine any better things to do it seems. But it got fixed today, so I am all happy and relaxed and ready for next week, when I am spending some days abroad for work and then will have a long weekend!
Well, a bit more than 3 points, but at least it can be seen that I make the best programs for myself, even for Friday night. Continue reading
So I still have the plan to improve my life in the next 1,5 years and I made the first steps last week. I plan to have a weekly review on all the things I accomplish, even if it is nothing or I go backwards. So last week:
- I rescued the mails caught up in my mailbox. It cost me a fortune and did not give me the results, but definitely was worth it since the guy doing it was quite hot. Nothing is for free, as we all know…
- I tracked down my official papers – they are at the post, probably getting lost right now, but it got confirmed that it is not enough to ask people to do something in writing, in words – they won’t do it. The reason? I guess they just don’t care.
- German went really well, I amazed myself and it is not easy. After that I went out with a friend and realised that men would be interested in me – if I was interested in them
- I bought my new phone and got my commitment-to-sports card (how many times I will regret that, oh my, I already know it) – so definitely dedicated to get myself in shape. Have I used it since then? Of course not! Whatever… But went to one of my new ex-colleagues farewell party…
- Met friends as planned and had a great time with them as always. I am very lucky to have them in my life and that they also support me in any endeavour of mine.
- Oh, work! I am so happy there, I will need to travel for some days abroad, I will get a company credit card for that and I just love my tasks!! I feel that I am still on holidays and my colleagues are also fun!!
So, I think I have made a lot of progress and I also slept quite a lot that was awesome and no funny stories for the week, no fun tinder dates, but about these in a different post.
17,5 months – this is the time left until my 35th birthday. 32 and 33 were already sort of shocking me, but now I am shooting for the stars and getting ready for the 35th. It is only a number anyway. I decided that I launch a new project, named Rock Your Life at 35. No project plan whatsoever, but I want to have the body I have always wanted, 1,5 years should be enough to get rid of the fat and show the muscles that are actually there. 3 months were enough for nothing, so I safely give myself 6 times more and also to allow for the give ups and start agains – as I do most of the time. The other element of the project is that I changed jobs. Which removed the stress, which allows me to have a life, which allows me to do whatever I want to do, which allows me to be happy. I am quite happy with my decision and also very happy that I am me and spend all of my time with myself. Quite good company, indeed. So with less responsibility, flexible working hours I will do what I owe to my teenager self: to learn German and to be successful according to my standards which does not involve a tons of money, but a lot of curiosity, openness, fun, laughter, sarcasm and whatever life brings. This is one of the reasons for this blog – to write and to see if this is really my way or I need to find something else or simply just go back to the 9to5 and try to survive my life. I have 17,5 months exactly to make it happen and I will document my progress or no progress here together with my daily “struggles” in life as a single women – at the moment.
For the body project I already signed myself up at the gym until the end of the year (my longest and most serious commitment since 2010), I bought the phone I have always wanted, have the next 2 appointments at my beautician and bought strawberries for dinner. And I have not smoked for 5 days. I think I am awesome and nothing can stop me this time. Just a locked up mail box.
Let me share with you the first adventure of Catherine P. with you. As a diligent worker, Catherine P. goes to work every weekday to produce the GDP she is supposed to in order to support her country’s economy. One day as she got home from work, wanted to check her mailbox for the invoices so that she can pay them on time to avoid any penalties, but she could not open it. She was sure that it just go stuck, therefore did not really care, resigned at the workplace to go to another company to work and then to set sail for her well-deserved holidays on a different continent. She was sure that by the time she gets back, the mailbox will fix itself. But it did not. So she took a screwdriver to open it. She tried several times on different days and in different hours of the day and last night she got helpless and hopeless, therefore called a locksmith this morning to help her. Of course everybody was telling her that she can open it herself, but they forgot that she is a woman and to do things like this is a man’s work. But since no man is around to help her out, she needs to find her way through life – at least until she finds one or the locksmith opens her mailbox.